G2 shock video

Discussions about JOTAGAS e-bikes.
Clay

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:12 am

I'm getting some questions on the G2 shock and fork on the EBikes. The main thing about this suspension is that it is motorcycle quality suspension on a bicycle. Still digging.
alang

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:00 am

I see most MTBs have Fox air shock; I guess weight is a big factor.
But some e-bikes have springs like the Ducati or JotaGas. Maybe weight
is less of a concern when you have e-power assist.
I would think damping of the more motorcycle type shock
would be better than the Fox shock. Just guessing though.
drew

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:49 pm

The big players in MTB suspension are Fox and RockShox. There are also handful of other boutique brands doing high end stuff.

Both fox and rockshox make several models of coil and air shocks. Air shocks are more easily tunable, lighter, and progressive. Coil shocks are linear, provide better grip, and resist fade at the penalty of weight.

All brands and have an internal shim stack as well as external clickers on mid level+. The higher end stuff has adjustable HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, a lockout, and platform control as well as some sort of air. volume adjustment so the end user can tune how progressive it is. The stuff is really advanced.

Sorry Clay but mid to high end MTB stuff blows moto stuff out of the water in terms of build quality. I know a lot of people think it's crazy what high end MTB's cost but every detail is F1 level technology and build quality. Anyone with the cash or credit can buy what amounts to a works bike right off the shelf.

Not saying G2 is bad, just that MTB prices justify the cost and is seriously nice equipment.
Clay

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 am

If you say so. I have no idea. When I rode MTBs a lot men were men because they had rigid frames! :lol:
Piber's claim is that the G2 is superior to off the shelf Rockshox. I'll have to wait until someone with experience on the Rochshox rides the JTG to get their opinion.
Blazer

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Fox makes nice t shirts and cool decals. Their efforts in the moto world have been less than successful. Rokshox has some nice folks here in Co. Sprgs. working and testing for them.
That's about it.
tm_enduro

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:57 pm

Clay wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 am
If you say so. I have no idea. When I rode MTBs a lot men were men because they had rigid frames! :lol:
Piber's claim is that the G2 is superior to off the shelf Rockshox. I'll have to wait until someone with experience on the Rochshox rides the JTG to get their opinion.
Rockshox and Fox make very good stuff, and it's easily servicable. I have top of the line of each on my 2 bikes, both air springs to keep weight of bike at 30 lbs for 140mm 29rs. The ebike will mask the weight of the m/c based parts, which allows for cheaper (heavier) components.