Update 3/10/20

Chat about anything and everything in this forum.
Clay

Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:37 pm

SMTech wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 pm
Clay, I showed an example of the fact that the pipe segments can be serial, well, or small-scale serial. Yes, Technigas made stamped pipe, but I think there are different options in Girona for the production of pipe & silencer.

BR

Sergei (SMTech)
Ah! I understand now!
2stoked

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:03 am

Since the covid virus is ramping back up it looks as though Spain is calling on the country to a six month shut down. So it looks like May before manufacturing can resume. Hopefully we will get a handle on this virus and the world can recover some resemblance of normalcy sooner than what is projected.
dirtbird

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:44 am

Clay wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:37 pm
SMTech wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 pm
Clay, I showed an example of the fact that the pipe segments can be serial, well, or small-scale serial. Yes, Technigas made stamped pipe, but I think there are different options in Girona for the production of pipe & silencer.

BR

Sergei (SMTech)
Ah! I understand now!
When I visited Piber back in March (just 1 week before you), he said that exhaust supplier would be either Technigas or Fresco and from what I understood the deciding factor would be supply times as cost and quality was the same. Personally I vote for Technigas, not because I have something against Fresco but because they are almost next door. And during my visit to Technigas I had a tech chat with the boss and I feel very confident about their know how and quality. He is an enduro rider as well and another good point is that they will be supplying the frames.
To be fair though, while we were in the car, Piber called Fresco to ask about a pipe brand we were talking about and surely the Fresco man was very kind and knowledgeable as well.
So no problem with either brands.

Tech speaking, the cones pipe you have seen is the prototype that they made with Technigas.
After they have they desired shape, the they will have the stamps to start manufacturing the production pipe.
Personally, I don't really care if it is a cones, stamp or half of both, I care about the cost also as a spare part hence I prefer a stamped pipe. Another factor to consider is that a cones pipe usually is unfinished and requires frequent attention especially after wet rides as surface rust comes on. My Scalvini (the brand we were talking with Piber) from my previous bike never looked like when it was new and at the end I had it 'painted' with a Zinc spray (so not having to scotch bright it anymore during a season). They do offer a clear coat from the factory now but I doubt that it lasts long.....
alang

Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:24 pm

Bring-ding-ding-ding...
Any sound clips of the rare Jota?
Clay

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:22 am

No sir. They're apparently as rare as unicorns.
Clay

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:45 am

I had asked Piber to airfreight me a bike two weeks ago for an event in Tennessee next weekend and he said he thought he could send one this week. I asked about it yesterday. He told me that they had to re-do the airbox coming from China and that the airboxes had gotten to Spain last week and were still sitting in Spanish customs. He is super frustrated with the delays in Spain's governmental functions. So those are the covid related issues that are slowing this motorcycle down.
SMTech

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:41 am

😭🤪
Clay

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:36 am

It's official. The Jotagas name is being dropped and replaced with G2. May have some issues with that here in the US because of G2 Ergonomics, which makes throttle assemblies for motorcycles. What do you guys think? I think it's smart. And even we rednecks can't mispronounce that!
Leo_Gas

Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:55 am

Sorry but I think G2 as a name is non-sense!

Jotagas was OK. Already established due to trial bikes, e-bikes and all those years on the net for the prototype enduro bike.... If the bike is finally as capable as the competition bikes, Jotagas word would be no obstacle to the acceptance of the bike...

Also Piber was huge part of the best years for GasGas (the main competitor to KTM in Europe) and keeping one Gas instead of two was actually a good move by Piber, keeping along some of "the good old years". In addition to all the problems and the pandemia, now a new brand name meaning/standing for nothing, has to be built from scratch. I think it is a really bad move...
SMTech

Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:18 am

Leo_Gas: It's hard to disagree with you. A brand with 0 is always expensive...