Update 3/10/20

Chat about anything and everything in this forum.
dirtbird

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:26 am

Shawbagga wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:20 pm
How about now?😁
Impossible
Due to covid, 2020 celebrations were canceled and will be celebrated together with 2021 sometime next summer.
So you're 1 calendar (or not, you never know) year ahead.... :D
Clay

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:43 am

Quick update...... I just got off of the phone with Piber. When talking to him in person I understand about 60% of what he says. When talking to him on the phone I understand about 30% of what he says. His English is not the best and he speaks fast so he is hard to understand. The main thing I got from him is his frustration in the lack of work and concern of the Spanish customs people. He said they did not want to work and getting parts in was hard. He also told me repeatedly that the bike is "very, very good and I will be very happy with it!" and he asked me to be patient! Like I have a choice! :lol: :lol:
Coach

Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:30 am

A friend of mine just paid and ordered a klx 140,,, it will be here by Christmas lol Yea the whole world got f'd on this one.
Ghostrider

Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Been off of here a while now. Periodically checking in for updates. I have to say the unfinished product is a Bummer!
It must be the “Stuckey curse” to be caught in a year that has seen record unit sales across many makes and models in the industry. It’s safe to say that if there was finished Trials bikes or Enduros there would be a good change they’d move pretty fast.
Only thing I can do is buy Clay a beer and console him for being cursed....Lucky for me he drinks the cheap stuff!

Ghost
Leo_Gas

Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:44 am

Hi!

With the Covid case getting worser than ever again, with Spain especially being in trouble right now, I doubt there will be Jotagas enduro bikes in dealers before next spring or summer, BUT, I am just wondering how many possible sales the factory has lost and is loosing every day by not announcing the bike with photos, specs and any possible configurable parts options. And have a note like "On the dealers' floors soon". If the final product has been ready for some time now. Every factory/brand struggles now (with the examples presented by dirtbird and others earlier) but if you have finalised the bike just show it to the public! People understand this shitty situation right now and that move would make some to wait and buy eventually this bike. Fantic has done just that this year and I do not think it was a bad move. The 125s have been coming from Italy to Finland since August but none is here yet. Still many want one and many will want to buy their version of the Yamaha 250 4T because it is jammy with all the extras and the new bodywork and it can be registered in Europe. That was presented already couple of months ago but I do not think it will be available next month, as was promised... Still, many are drooling over the available photos of the "prototype"...............

Just my opinion.
Clay

Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:54 am

Ghostrider wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:35 pm
Been off of here a while now. Periodically checking in for updates. I have to say the unfinished product is a Bummer!
It must be the “Stuckey curse” to be caught in a year that has seen record unit sales across many makes and models in the industry. It’s safe to say that if there was finished Trials bikes or Enduros there would be a good change they’d move pretty fast.
Only thing I can do is buy Clay a beer and console him for being cursed....Lucky for me he drinks the cheap stuff!

Ghost
Just remember that when it comes to beer what I save in quality I make up in quantity!
Clay

Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:58 am

Leo_Gas wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:44 am
Hi!

With the Covid case getting worser than ever again, with Spain especially being in trouble right now, I doubt there will be Jotagas enduro bikes in dealers before next spring or summer, BUT, I am just wondering how many possible sales the factory has lost and is loosing every day by not announcing the bike with photos, specs and any possible configurable parts options. And have a note like "On the dealers' floors soon". If the final product has been ready for some time now. Every factory/brand struggles now (with the examples presented by dirtbird and others earlier) but if you have finalised the bike just show it to the public! People understand this shitty situation right now and that move would make some to wait and buy eventually this bike. Fantic has done just that this year and I do not think it was a bad move. The 125s have been coming from Italy to Finland since August but none is here yet. Still many want one and many will want to buy their version of the Yamaha 250 4T because it is jammy with all the extras and the new bodywork and it can be registered in Europe. That was presented already couple of months ago but I do not think it will be available next month, as was promised... Still, many are drooling over the available photos of the "prototype"...............

Just my opinion.
Leo you make a lot of good points but i don't think they have all of the parts to show a completed bike. For example....the pics I got show a bike without a skid plate or enduro computer and the pipe was obviously hand made from cones and not stamped. I don't think those parts had arrived yet when the picture was made. And I think it's better to wait to show the bike with those parts than show it without because the first impression will stick with the customer.
SMTech

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 am

Serial pipe & silencer
Attachments
fresco-silencer-gasgas-250-300.png
kr_mmer_2t_4.jpg
2464_1.jpg
fresco-silencer-gasgas-250-300-2.png
Clay

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 am

SM Tech do you think the Fresco is going to be stock? I thought Technoparts (was that their name? The factory we visited?) was stamping a stainless pipe?
SMTech

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Clay, I showed an example of the fact that the pipe segments can be serial, well, or small-scale serial. Yes, Technigas made stamped pipe, but I think there are different options in Girona for the production of pipe & silencer.

BR

Sergei (SMTech)