Rekluse

Discussions about JOTAGAS enduro motorcycles.
Clay

Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:20 pm

A few of you have asked about putting Rekluses in the JTG so I emailed Piber last week and asked if he would send me a clutch assembly that I could send to Rekluse to make sure they have a clutch already built since this is a Honda CRF clutch and he said he would. He also said that if I would buy the clutches from Rekluse and send them to him that he would install them for me and give me a discount on the bikes equal to what the stock clutch would cost him. He hasn't said how much and I expect his cost on a clutch assembly is only a couple of hundred bucks but at least it will save you guys that much. I do have a question...... If you sell the bike you will have to leave the Rekluse in it since you won't have a stock one to go back in the bike. Is that acceptable?
2stoked

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:15 pm

That is more than fair, and for those who don't thinks so can pay the extra amount and have them ship the stock clutch as well with the bike. If they decide to sell they can switch it or if they don't like the auto clutch they have the option to put the stock clutch back in. Clay you found the perfect partner!
Clay

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:53 am

2stoked wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:15 pm
That is more than fair, and for those who don't thinks so can pay the extra amount and have them ship the stock clutch as well with the bike. If they decide to sell they can switch it or if they don't like the auto clutch they have the option to put the stock clutch back in. Clay you found the perfect partner!
When he replied that he would install the Rekluses for me I asked him again to make sure that's what he said because I was so surprised! :shock:
Coach

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:55 am

Not into the moped tranny but I know some old folks that do. COOL to know he'd do that.
Clay

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am

Coach wrote:
Not into the moped tranny but I know some old folks that do. COOL to know he'd do that.
I was told you were into trannies big time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coach

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:42 am

Clay wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 am
Coach wrote:
I was told you were into trannies big time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Long as their half Samoan... mopeds not so much! :lol:
fred391

Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Hmmm. Some people are Rekluse fanatics, some aren't. (I, personally, am not)
That being said, seems you have a couple way to go. You COULD make the Rekluse standard equipment. OR....Since you ARE the US Importer, perhaps invent a new model ..say, a MK300 & MK300R (for Rekluse). Maybe slap a couple blingy parts on the R model or something.
Clay

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:20 am

So Friday I got a pretty big box from JTG. It was bigger that I expected for a clutch. I opened it up and it was a set of used cases with a clutch assembly installed. So today I sent it on to Rekluse where they will be able to see what they have in stock that will work with it.
Interesting side note....
I didn't ask them to send cases but he did anyway. They obviously have been used to do fitment or something in bikes because they were not new but I didn't ask for them and he sent all of that stuff for free. The last company that I dealt with would occasionally give me brochures for free and that's pretty much it. Had they sent me a clutch for someone like Rekluse they would have charged me for it. Its so funny to see the difference with these two companies.
Attachments
clutch.jpg
Timbo

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:58 am

Clay wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:20 am
So Friday I got a pretty big box from JTG. It was bigger that I expected for a clutch. I opened it up and it was a set of used cases with a clutch assembly installed. So today I sent it on to Rekluse where they will be able to see what they have in stock that will work with it.
Interesting side note....
I didn't ask them to send cases but he did anyway. They obviously have been used to do fitment or something in bikes because they were not new but I didn't ask for them and he sent all of that stuff for free. The last company that I dealt with would occasionally give me brochures for free and that's pretty much it. Had they sent me a clutch for someone like Rekluse they would have charged me for it. Its so funny to see the difference with these two companies.
That's great Clay! Hopefully rekluse will have something to go right in. So far it seems like piber is going to be a good guy to work with. Has he given you any peek at the plastics and graphics yet? It has been some time since you said he had it all worked out with polisport.
Clay

Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:25 pm

No sir. The latest word I got was they were building 100 engines for the Thumpstar guys in Australia and expected the plastic to be done after the Christmas holidays so they could begin assembling full bikes when they returned from their holidays. This wait is killing me!