What's all this Jotagas caper?

Discussions about JOTAGAS enduro motorcycles.
Shawbagga

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am

What's the dealio y'all? This just a US thing?
With GG gone I'll be looking elsewhere in the future.
Texas Guy

Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:07 am

Jotagas is a enduro, trials and e-bike company based in Spain. The forum here is not just for Americans but for the Jotagas community world wide.
Clay

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:37 am

Shawbagga wrote:
Shawbagga,
Welcome to the circus!
JTG has been making trials bikes in Spain since 2014 and have been developing an enduro bike for several years. I signed up as the US distributor back in October.
Keep us in mind please when you're ready for a new bike.
Clay
Shawbagga

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Clay wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:37 am
Shawbagga wrote:
Shawbagga,
Welcome to the circus!
JTG has been making trials bikes in Spain since 2014 and have been developing an enduro bike for several years. I signed up as the US distributor back in October.
Keep us in mind please when you're ready for a new bike.
Clay
Ahh well am I ya first Aussie on here?😁
Yep I remember Mika & the 2013ish bike they were testing(along with Bimota). Is it basically the same engine?
Also saw Thumpstar are using the donk. I assumed that was an older design & this was a newer engine?
Hope ya don't mind but I've been posting pics & info on our Aussie GG FB page.👍
I have it on some pretty good authority that the current GG bike will continue under a different name(out to tender for rights/tooling) & heard they'll be Spanish(due to close proximity of suppliers such as S3 etc.) so assumed JTG were it. Seems I was wrong!

I'm very interested in the bike especially still being carbed. Lowish seat height concerns me a little. Love how high the pipe sits!

Are ya getting a FB page started?
Texas Guy

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 pm

A Jotagas riders page has been started just not made public yet. This will happen once bikes are out on the trails and people are getting their hands on them.
Shawbagga

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 pm

Sweet.
eagle

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Beat you to it mate ;) I'm a Sherco rider so i knew Clay from the Sherco forum & have been only looking since about November. I thought i had made a comment about the Thumpstar bike using the Jotagas motor etc & was thinking it might be sold in Aus ? I might have even made a comment on DBW about the Jotagas ?
Shawbagga

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 pm

eagle wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:52 pm
Beat you to it mate ;) I'm a Sherco rider so i knew Clay from the Sherco forum & have been only looking since about November. I thought i had made a comment about the Thumpstar bike using the Jotagas motor etc & was thinking it might be sold in Aus ? I might have even made a comment on DBW about the Jotagas ?
Probably mate yeah. I thought this was a new engine but seems it's the same one with refinements from 8 odd years ago. Nothing wrong with that though! Wonder if these things will take off & sell enough(be able to produce enough too) to warrant an Aussie distributor?
Clay

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:35 am

You already have one. The Hell Team. He's been a trials distributor for a while now. I would contact them to show that there's some interest in the enduro models if I were you guys.
eagle

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Just sent Paul an email, i got a big definitely NOT answer :(